The Latest Crime Rates and Statistics in London
With the current decline in the UK economy, it’s never been more important to make sure that you and your home are safe and secure. Stats straight from Greater London present the overall crime rate at 87 crimes per 1000 people for 2021. This equals every 27 out of 1000 residents and when comparing this to average UK statistics, London’s crime rate is 9% worse than the average which is 79 crimes per 1000 people. When delving deeper into the information, Westminster is classed as the most dangerous area, with the next more dangerous place being Kensington and Chelsea, next is Camden which is the third more dangerous. One of the safest boroughs was Richmond upon Thames which is ranked as the safest area in London, Harrow is in second place and Bexley is in third place.
Burglaries and Break-Ins in London
Burglaries take up 4.8% of all crimes that are reported in London and the total number of burglary crimes is at 54.2K, with 40,5K of these burglaries being residential crimes, from October 2021 to September 2022. With this in mind, it’s essential that London residents keep their properties safe and secure, protecting your assets and your family can reduce the risk of a break-in or burglary.
- Thieves tend to be opportunists, they prey on properties and seek out any type of opening that they’ll be able to take advantage of, this includes doors and windows being left open. However, it doesn’t take much to deter thieves.
- Burglars will target those homes that they think or know contain valuables. Leaving packaging or expensive items in sight is a giveaway.
- They will look for homes that have windows and doors left open or those that have vulnerable features they can exploit.
- Thieves will be aware of the times when someone is expected to be away at their house, they can be during the school run, working hours or holidays.
- Burglars don’t want to be seen or heard, if they feel like they will be noticed by neighbours or a passerby then they will feel exposed and may call off the break-in or look for somewhere else.
- Burglars will choose a property where they’ve spotted a particular vehicle or bicycle that they might want to steal and the keys are visible to them.
- Sheds and garages are something used to store valuables and can be vulnerable because homeowners won’t lock them.
- It’s a well-known fact that thieves return to homes that they’ve previously burgled because the homeowners have failed to upgrade the security systems since the first burglary.
New Lock Installations and Upgrades
At London Locks we will keep your home secure with our lock installation and upgrade services. We offer lock fitting services to clients throughout London and we’re able to advise and install locks for every application. Whether we’re adding additional locks on your home or garage, or upgrading your old worn locks, our team of locksmiths have got you covered. All of our locks can be fitted to the latest Fire & Safety Regulations BS EN 1125 and can be compatible with insurance requirements BS 3621 and PAS 24. Simply tell us what you need and we’ll tell you how to go about it.
At London Locks our experienced locksmith services also include a range of lock repairs such as window lock repairs and repairs for door locks. Maybe you have a jammed lock on one of your windows, or a broken key stuck in your front door, our local locksmith team can assist with all repair services. As specialist locksmiths we have all the tools and equipment needed to ensure we provide a quality service. From knob locks to rim locks, digital locks, mul t lock and yale locks, we offer a range of lock change services and as members of the Master Locksmith Association, we should always be your first choice when looking for a reliable locksmith service.
Keep Your Property Safe and Secure with London Locks
If you are based in London or the surrounding areas, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our specialist team today. At London Locks we can always be on hand to take your call, deal with any enquiries and answer any questions that you may have regarding our locksmith London services. We are home to a dedicated team of locksmiths who strive to assist all of our customers with anything they require.
At London Locks we will ensure that your home is safe and secure every time, deterring burglars and preventing break ins. Just call our expert team for more information and advice.