When it comes to keeping your property safe and secure, at London Locks, we are home to a team of experts, who aren’t only professional locksmiths, they are well versed in a range of factors that will help you to keep your property safe and secure.
How To Keep Your Property Secure
Years and years ago, the key to keeping your home secure, literally was a key – locking your front door and making sure that your windows were shit. Over the years, with more skills and advanced technology, criminals have got more smart and have a number of ways that they can break into your property. Some of the more recent burglar deterrents that have come about include:
- Door Bolts
- Window Bars
- Police Connected Alarms
While these measures tend to be expensive, they are known for deterring burglars and theft.
Why Do I Need Home Security?
The average burglary takes around 10 minutes and the average UK police response time is 12 minutes. In the UK there are over 650,000 homes which are broken into every year, around 70% of these homes don’t have a working security system and around 35% of these homeowners leave their windows open while they’re not at home.
Types Of Home Security
Smart Home Security
When it comes to home security, you’d usually imagine door locks, window bars and home alarm systems. More recently with innovative technology, you’re able to secure your home by using motion sensors, control panels and sirens. Securing your property doesn’t always need to include expensive and complicated installations, at London Locks, we can help.
Traditional Home Security Measures
More traditional home security involves door, window and motion detectors that can be placed around rooms in the home. Installation fees and monthly subscriptions are usually a part of these types of systems, they may involve passcodes that you need in order to activate the devices.
Affordable Home Security
When it comes to home security systems they tend to be known for being expensive and difficult to install, using an electronic home security device can protect your home as well as prevent criminals whilst you’re out.
Take a look at our top home security tips:
- Don’t leave valuables on display for everyone to see, the majority of burglaries are unplanned and are motivated by opportunity.
- Don’t post holiday photos on social media while you’re away – wait until you’re home. Sharing this will show potential criminals that you’re not home.
- Don’t leave a spare key anyway outside of your home, thieves are experienced and can easily find it.
- Keep your garden tidy, overgrown gardens will make it easier for criminals to go unnoticed while trying to gain access to your home.
- Lock all of your windows and doors, even if you’re just popping out.
- Lock away laddies in your garage, home or shed, they will help to prevent unwanted guests from climbing in through open windows.
- Breakdown and throw away any packaging of recent electronics purchases.